Wednesday 19 February 2014

Glossybox: February


Now I know your probably thinking that in my last Glossybox post I decided that the Birchbox won and I was going to cancel my Glossybox subscription, this was my intention. I logged on to the Glossybox site purely to go and cancel my subscription but then on my dashboard it had my Glossydots total and I noticed that I had enough to get a few free boxes, so that is my plan, after all I have earned the Glossydots so might as well use them.



The first thing I want to point out is the Valentines box design its super cute and I will certainly be finding a use for this box. The magazine as always is very informative, it contains an interview with Charlotte Knight the founder of Ciaté, a review of various blushers from high end to high street and a few other articles. I normally enjoy perusing this whilst enjoying a nice cup of tea!


I'm glad that I had the Glossydots and still received this box as a couple of products really got me excited as I peeled back the tissue paper to reveal this months samples, I'm sure you can guess which products I mean.

Lets get to it, here are the details of this months samples.

Nougat London Sparkling Body shimmer, Sample Size Received 100ml, Full Size 250ml £14
This is a body lotion that contains mallow extract, vitamin E and wheat germ enriched oil and states it will leave your skin perfumed with a hint of sparkle. While the cherry blossom scent is quiet pleasant and doesn't smell like it would be over powering I'm not sure about a hint of sparkle, with this being a lotion it is a very thin consistency that has a lot of glitter in it so may result in a disco ball-esque finish.

NV, Chunky Eye Crayon, Sample Size Received 4g, Full Size 4g £5
This is a twist up, chunky eye shadow pencil that states it is made with an anti-crease formula. I have received the shade Fondant Fancy, this is a lilac colour that is quiet vibrant when I swatched it on the back of my hand but when I blended it out with my finger it was much more subtle and also has a slight shimmer.

Ciaté London, Paint Pot, Sample Size Received 13.5ml, Full Size 13.5ml £9
I was super excited to see Ciaté in this months box I love these polishes and they last well but as they are a couple of pounds more expensive I tend to opt for Essie when I'm shopping for a new shade to grace my nails. I have the shade Plastic Fantastic, this is a nice pink colour that is great for this time of year as its not your typical bright summery pink it is a deeper pink and I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Giovanni Echo Chic cosmetics, Ultra-moist range, Sample Size Received shampoo & conditioner 7.5ml sachet hair mask 10.35ml sachet , Full Size shampoo & conditioner 251ml  £7.99
This is a natural hair care brand, I have received shampoo, conditioner and a hair mask all for dry, damaged hair. These all contain avocado and olive oil to add moisture and replenish hair. Although I'm not the biggest fan of sachet samples (I just think they are messy and not the easiest to use especially in the shower) I am looking forward to giving these a try, as I have my hair coloured it is always in need of moisture and a bit of TLC.

Maybelline New York, Big Eyes Mascara, Sample Size Received full size, Full Size £8.99
This is a new mascara from Maybelline and is double ended, there is one brush for upper lashes that says it pushes lashes up and wide, on the other end there is a smaller brush for lower lashes and is supposed to magnify tiny lashes. This is another product I was excited to see in this month box, it's nice to receive familiar brands as it is new brands. I'm looking forward to seeing how this mascara performs.

Lindt, Lindor Treat Bar
This is a tasty little extra treat, Well Done people of Glossybox, I love Lindt chocolate so much so that I have already eaten it whilst writing this post, oops, but it was delicious!

A few delightful products in this months box. I was super happy with receiving Ciaté & Maybelline it seems that Glossybox have upped their game, maybe all of our reviews and feedback of disappointment has got through to somebody in Glossy Towers. Lets see if they can keep it up, remember people of Glossybox... Consistency is key! 

Kayla xx




No comments:

Post a Comment