Sunday 19 January 2014

Birchbox - January




It's beauty box time, the first one of 2014 and I'm still battling over which subscription to keep and the January box's are the decider so once I receive my other beauty box I will make a decision. But for now here is January's Birchbox offering.



The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the absence of the cute little pouch that the products usually come in, what is with that Birchbox? The small pouches make great packaging but once they are done housing your samples they have many uses, I like to use mine to keep my statement necklaces safe and untangled. People of Birchbox if you read this bring back the pouch!


Here's this months line up and boy what a line up it is! 

Lavera - Basis Sensative Hand Cream, £4.49 - Sample size received 20ml.
An organic hand cream that contains shea butter and almond oil.
Benefit - The POREfessional, £24.50 - Sample size received 7.5ml.
This oil free primer claims to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines.
Premae - Anatomy Nutrients Instant Renewal Body Oil, £9.50 - Sample size received 20ml. 
This natural oil is said to be light weight but great for moisturising and detoxifying you skin.
Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer, £27.50 Sample size received 20ml.
A pre-shampoo hair mask to strengthen and nourish your hair whilst also preventing breakages.
Rodial - Glamtox Night, £75.00 Sample size received 15ml.
A nightime gel that claims to reduce pores, strengthen skin, improve the appearance of fine line and much more all whilst you sleep.

Life Style Extra
Birchbox - Eye mask, £10.00 - A gel filled mask that can be put in the fridge and then used to cool and refresh the eye area.

Birchbox has well and truly blown my socks off this month and covered hair, skin and face all in one box! It was amazing to see Benefit amongst my samples and I cant wait to try out the primer, in fact I cant wait to try all of these samples. The only disappointment for me was receiving the eye mask as the life style extra, its a fab little mask but I already have one of these from my October Birchbox. That is a minor disappointment though in comparison with how happy I am with the other products in this months box. 



This months Booklet and Info card are entitled Tiny Tweaks. The booklet contains 30 small changes that you can do to make a difference to your life rather than trying to stick to huge new years resolutions. As always the info card does exactly what it says on the tin and gives you a bit of info about the products in the box and how to use them.

I think its pretty clear that I am definitely impressed with January's Birchbox so the bar has been set high and Glossy box has a lot to live up to but this month is definitely decision month and one of my beauty box subscriptions has to go, I don't think there is a need to have both at the same time. Do you subscribe to a beauty box? 

Kayla xx

No comments:

Post a Comment