Wednesday 4 December 2013

Time For Tea?

I always have time for a nice cup of tea, typically British I know but there is nothing better than getting home and putting the kettle on.When I opened my November Birchbox and discovered tea samples I was very happy.

I don't think you will ever beat a good ol' PG Tips but I'm always open to trying new flavours. I received 3 different flavours of organic herbal tea in my Birchbox, all by Pukka.


The first one I tried was Elderberry & Echinacea with Elderflower, I really did not know what to expect when I took my first sip especially as on the packet it was described as "super fruity tea" but to me it didn't smell particularly fruity. When I tried this it was an interesting flavour, I could taste a slight berry taste but what I could taste the most was licorice, which I thought was strange until I checked the ingredients and one of them was licorice root. I don't particularly like licorice, this maybe why I noticed it so much, but if you do this is definitely a tea for you to try but I don't think I'll be purchasing this one for myself.


I was really excited to try the next flavour which was Three Cinnamon. I love spicy, cinnamon flavoured drinks and this one I really did enjoy. It wasn't as spiced as I thought it would be but it was very pleasant to drink even though when I checked the ingredients this one also contains licorice but I couldn't taste it. If your not a cinnamon fan you will want to back away from this one but I love it so I think I'm going to purchase some more. 


This one had me expecting something closer to a standard cup of tea but maybe not as strong, I wasn't wrong. Earl Grey is such a light a delicate tea that can be made with or without milk (I preferred it with) but there is a very distinct lavender scent and taste, I found this to be rather delightful and enjoyed my cuppa more than I thought I would.

Well there you have it a preview of some of my huge Disney mugs (tea doesn't taste right in anything other than a big Disney mug) and my first impression of Pukka tea. Do you like tea? Do you prefer herbal/fruity teas or a good old fashioned PG Tips? Maybe you have a favourite mug too? Let me no in the comments :)

Kayla x

No comments:

Post a Comment