Wednesday 4 December 2013

Daily Face

I am a girl who loves sleep and early morning starts are far from appealing to me, a morning person I am definitely not. Unfortunately my shifts at work do not take this factor into consideration so I like my daily make up routine to be easy, fuss free and achievable in the shortest amount of time possible thus allowing for more time in bed!

I tend not to wear masses of make up for work and I find my self reaching for these products on a daily basis to achieve a look that I am happy to leave the house in and will survive a day at the office. 


Apologies for the state of my brushes but having enough natural daylight to take photos at this time of year is a mission in it's self so the photo opportunity took priority over washing my brushes.

Rimmel, Lasting Finish Foundation in the shade 200 Soft Beige, This gives a nice natural finish and blends into my skin beautifully.

Real Techniques, Stippling Brush, I use this brush to apply my foundation and I find it buffs it into my skin perfectly with minimal effort.

Soap and Glory, One Heck Of A Blot, This translucent powder is perfect for setting my foundation and helps to keep the shine at bay.

Real Techniques, Duo-Fibre Face Brush, This is the brush I use to apply One Heck Of A Blot, its perfect for the job as it is designed for a light weight application, this ensures enough product is applied to do the job but my skin does not look cakey.

Maybelline,, Expert Wear Blush in the shade 79 Flash Plum, I have been loving this blush for Autumn/Winter as it gives my cheeks a nice flush of colour and the subtle gold sheen gives me a healthy glow.

Real Techniques, Blush Brush, This is great for applying this blush as it picks up a small amount of product which helps me to control how much colour I apply and it also blends the blush beautifully into my skin.

L'Oreal Paris, Volume Million Lashes Waterproof Black, This makes my lashes look full and glossy, it doesn't smudge or flake and so its perfect for getting me through a day at work.

Dr Lipp, Nipple Balm For Lips, a slick of balm is all I choose to wear for work as I feel there's nothing worse than having a crazy busy day and wandering around the office with half worn off lipstick, I'd rather not wear any. Instead I opt for Dr Lipps balm as it keeps my lips soft and hydrated and also has a nice glossy shine to it.

Thats it for my daily work make up as you can see it is very simple and probably takes me about 20 mins (If that) to do in the morning. Sometimes I like to amp it up a bit, this is generally if I'm meeting my friends for a coffee or going shopping etc. So I complete the above look (minus the mascara) and add the following


 Mac, Woodwinked,  I am totally in love with this eyeshadow, it gives a nice wash of colour to the lid with out being too much but still looks like you have put some effort in. I use the above Mac brush to apply this all over the lid but it is well loved and the number has worn off so I'm not sure which one it is.

Rimmel, Soft Kohl eyeliner in shade 06 Jet Black, I use this on my water line and tight-line to give my eye definition.

Chanel, Inimitable Intense Mascara in the shade 10 Noir, When I'm not at work I like the treat my lashes to a little luxury, what better way to do that than with Chanel! This mascara adds volume, length and really helps my alshes to hold a curl.


There you have it my Daily Face and a few little extras I like to use when I'm not at work. Do you have an every day make up look? do you stick to the same routine or do you like to mix it up each day? Does the make look you create depend on what your doing that day?
get in touch and let me know :)

Kayla x

No comments:

Post a Comment