Sunday 13 October 2013

September Favourites - Better late than never... right?

OK so life got in the way and I've been a bit rubbish on the blogging front lately, but here I am putting an end to that! Bring on Septembers favourites......

 So First up we have the Barry M Gelly nail varnish in this delightful deep purple shade called Plum, you can read my full review here. I love wearing deeper tones on my nails when we get to autumn and Plum is a fab autumn colour and a great way to add a splash of colour to any outfit. I have been wearing this non stop
since I purchased it hence it sneaking its way into my favourites.

Next up my skin has been loving the Nivea Express Hydration Primer dry/sensitive skin, it claims to help your make up "stay put" I'm not sure about that as I use a separate primer but it definitely keeps my skin hydrated and feeling soft. This moisturiser is lovely to use and sinks straight into the skin with minimal effort, I use this each morning before I put my make up on as there is no greasiness left behind my foundation goes on perfectly.

Dr Lipp is also on my favourites this month and the Original Nipple Balm for Lips is hurtling its way towards the title Holy Grail.... yes it is that good! I have been using the little 3ml sample size I received in last months Glossy box and I'm shocked to say that I still have some of this left as I have been using it almost daily but a little does go along way with this. At first I found the product to be too stiff as it dragged across my lips, pulling at my skin and didn't make for a pleasant experience but then I discovered that if I put the balm on my finger and warmed it up, just by placing my finger on my lip for a few seconds, it glided across my lips beautifully! although the shine doesn't last very long it does feel amazing on my lips and leaves them really soft. I am defiantly going to be purchasing the full size of this and I'm sure it will be close by my side all winter!

Soap and Glory seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds and the make up range just keeps growing and growing but my favourite S&G make up piece has to be the One Heck Of A Blot face powder. With a fab name and great packaging half the battle has been won but the fact that I can rely on this translucent powder to keep me shine free throughout the day without making my face look caked with make up is an absolute victory!


Now for something a little different, I thought I'd mix it up and include a few non-beauty favourites!

Everybody loves Converse All Stars, I'm sure they have been featured in many favourites lists and blog posts, but these are a little different to the traditional converse trainer. For starters they are leather which  I think is fab and will hopefully make it easier to keep them white, also they are called "Dainty" so they are slimmer than their predecessor and have a single black stripe around the rubber sole instead of one black and one red stripe (this is a plus for me). These are great for wearing with leggings and over sized tops and to be honest they are the perfect finishing touch to any laid back look.

I have also been wearing a lot of necklaces recently, in particular this super cute black rope necklace with gold detailing and a black triangle gem. Gold and black are a classic colour combination and add air of glamour and sophistication to any outfit. I picked this one up in New Look recently for £5.99.... what a bargain!

And lastly as the seasons change so does my choice of beverage, while a good cup of tea is a firm favourite all year round as the temperature drops I cant resist the spicy warmth of Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, you cant beat treating yourself to your favourite coffee as you stroll around the shops contemplating your next purchase.

Well that's it, my September favourites are finally out there, what have you been loving lately? let me know in the comments below I hope you have enjoyed this post and I promise to improve productivity and post on a regular basis  :)


Kayla x

2 comments:

  1. I love the Nivea primer, it's so good and has quickly become my go-to! lovely blog xx

    http://stephsinsidevoice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete