Sunday 3 November 2013

Beauty Haul - October

Its miserable outside, you have a day off and no plans, what better way to fill the day than to go shopping! and that's exactly what I did. Here is the collection of beauty and make up products that I picked up on  recent shopping trips.



So it all started with a hunt for a new foundation, Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation was doing fine but I just couldn't help but thinking there was better out there and that's when I came across the Lasting Finish foundation. It claims to be sweat, heat, humidity and transfer proof for up to 25 hours, now while I neither expect nor need this to last for 25 hours the thought of having a foundation that is made to last and is hydrating really appealed to me and I'm hoping that this will also control the shine issues I've been having, I'll let you know how I get on with this. I then spotted Maybelline expert wear blushers and put shade 79 Flash Plum into my basket, I think this is going to be the perfect shade to warm my cheeks up through the cold autumn/winter months. Urban Decays Primer Potion has been high on my list of must buys after reading endless posts about it, I'm pretty sure I'm the last one on this band wagon but hey I got there in the end. 


Next up is 3 eye shadows which seem to have a recurring theme. The first one I picked up was Rimmel Glam Eyes in Smokey Quartz, an old favourite that I have loved for many years. Its a lovely taupe colour with a slight shimmer running through it that is really easy to wear.Next up was Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade On and On Bronze this is a much raved about range and colour so I thought it would be perfect as my first cream eyeshadow purchase. There isn't much I can say about the final eyeshadow that you dont already know, Im looking forward to experimenting with this antique gold shade Woodwinked from Mac.


I have recently been puckering up to the wonderful world of lipsticks and more specifically brighter shades, I've only ever really warn neutral shades and pinky shades. I decided its time to try something more striking and Rihanna's collection for Mac got me very excited and I ended up walking away with this gorgeous RiRi Woo lipstick, I cant wait to try this out!

I fell victim to Essies new autumn collection with such amazing shades I would be surprised if anyone could resist! I'm very much in love with "Twin Sweater Set" its instant glamour for your nails. It featured in my NOTW which you can read here.



 So make up bits aside I also picked up the new Garnier 5sec Perfect Blur primer, I was drawn to this as it is supposed to leave your skin looking smooth and matte. I am determined to banish the shine so fingers crossed this works, I'll keep you updated.
Also from Garnier I got an Intensive 7 days soothing gel-cream for dry and sensitive skin. I'm very fickle with body moisturisers and find I'm always picking up what ever takes my fancy and in this case it was the description of skin that feels intensely hydrated for up to 7 days. I've just ran out of my leave in conditioner which was an Aussie one for long hair, this time I picked up Aussie Miracle Recharge Aussome Volume, im sure it'll be just as fab as my old one. Finally into my basket I put a small sized Mark Hill Turn Up The Heat, heat protection spray which is pretty self explanatory. I haven't used any Mark Hill hair products before so I picked up the small one just in case I don't get on with it or its to heavy for my hair.


So there you have it, my most recent purchases! I thoroughly enjoyed shopping for it all but I cant wait to try out all the different bits n pieces I bought. What have you been shopping for? Have you tried any of the things I've written about today? Let me know in the comments below I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions and reviews :)


Kayla x

No comments:

Post a Comment